Thursday, August 2, 2007

We're going to Kazakhstan!

Apryl and I are going to Kazakhstan!!!! We are leaving Atlanta on September 8th and will arrive in Petro on the 10th. We are so excited!! This will be Apryl's third trip but it will be my first so I am really excited about seeing the kids, visiting the orphanages and especially seeing my four dear ones that stayed with me for three weeks last summer (Alfia, Guena, Max and Den who were some of the first scholarship winners in 2004). We will be staying about 2 weeks and I am sure each day will be busy with all we hope to accomplish while we are there. Be sure to check this blog frequently for updates on our adventure and all the pictures we can post.
While we are there we want to make a donation to each orphanage (we will assess their needs as we visit), take as many kids as possible on outings and also do something for Boris and Sveta to thank them for all they do! We are looking for donations to help make all this possible so if you would like to help please contact me or Apryl. If you have something small or expensive (that you are afraid to mail) that you want to send we may be able to take it in our suitcase - I don't think we are sending any more packages - we have sent 12 boxes already and I still have 10 stacked up in front of my desk at work that need to go. Mostly gifts for the directors, caretakers and of course, the kids.
Wish us luck and check back for updates!!

No comments:

My Wish