Saturday, April 10, 2010

Summer 2010 Postcard Project!



For the past two years the Summer Postcard Project has brightened the lives of many orphans in the North Kazakhstan Region.

We will be delivering postcards to the children again this summer. Postcards are something affordable that most everyone can send.



INSTRUCTIONS: (Please read carefully!)

PLEASE PRINT! Many of the children study English.
Printed English is much easier for them to read than cursive handwriting.

SPONSORS: Send ONE postcard per sponsored child. Be sure to write your sponsored child's first and last name on it. You may send more postcards to be distributed to unsponsored children. Our goal is that every child receives at least one postcard!

ANYONE is welcome to participate in this project!
Postcards from people who don't sponsor a particular child will be given to children that don't have sponsors--there are many!

Send POSTCARDS of:

your city or town
your vacation
animals
extraordinary things
everyday ordinary things


If you can't find postcards send a 4x6 or 5x7 photo and write on the back!
Simply put a stamp on the postcard or stick several in an envelope and mail them to:

Antares Foundation
148 Tanglewood Lane
Sharpsburg, GA 30277
USA

Also, consider sending a few dollars (by check or PayPal) for a treat such as fruits, nuts, or candy to be delivered with the postcards!


PLEASE SEND POSTCARDS SO THEY ARRIVE TO US BY JUNE 1st!

If you have any questions, please e-mail: antares.foundation@yahoo.com



....

5 comments:

Elenor said...

Hello from Cleveland, Ohio! I'm curious to know how I get the childs name that I'm sending the postcard to? I'd love to participate.

Antares Foundation - Laura Rosier said...

You can just send a general greeting such as "Hello" or "Hello, Friend!" and the post card will be given to one of the many children who do not have a sponsor.

We won't know all of the children's names, as new ones are always coming into the system.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if instead of pictures and postcards (I'm sending those too), I could send a drawing? Like a postcard-size drawing. :)

Antares Foundation - Laura Rosier said...

Sure! That's a great idea to send a postcard-size drawing! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome, thank you. I shall make a collection of postcard-size drawings to send. I think I'll plastify them so they're more resistant, since I'll be sendind them from Brazil. :)

My Wish