Our intententions were good. We wanted to bring all the gifts and donations for the children and orphanages, we could fit into our luggage.
The good new is we DID manage to get our luggage from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 at the Frankfurt Airport and lived to tell about it.
The bad news involved:
A near disaster with Laura and the luggage cart on escalator. (YES, luggage carts ARE allowed on the escalators but not the Sky-Line. IMPORTANT INFO FOR FUTURE TRAVELERS: you must remember to release the brake on the luggage cart when you get to the top of the escalator!)
Luggage tumbling side over side down the escalator because we could not carry it. (This was another incident and not the one above.)
$300+ in excess baggage fees. :(
An emotional day--but we continued on our way to Petropavlovsk.













6 comments:
Good luck! I am thinking of you both and the children very much!! I hope the trip turns out to be everything you wanted it to be! Renia xoxo
I can't imagine! Hope you are safely in Petro now and enjoying "getting to business"!! :)
Sarah
Hi, glad to see you did"nt go with your baggage. Have a good time and be careful. I love you, Mama
Hey Laura,
Your Mom told me about your trip. I know you are having a blast. Take a lot of pictures. Be careful and have fun.
Your Cousin,
Gale
HAHAHA! I should have warned you about that one...happened to me with Josh strapped in front and equally as loaded as Laura...thought for a second I would DIE there in Frankfurt!
You know that old saying about looking back and laughing?You will.
Post a Comment